Covid 19 Safety Protocol
Staff and Client health continues to be our priority at Balance for Life. At Balance for Life, we have always had strict protocol around cleanliness and your safety. Because Balance for Life is not membership based, we are a low volume facility, therefore less risk, unlike a health club. We have less people in our facility all day then are in a large health club in a half an hour.
New protocol has been set in place with COVID-19 for the safety, health and wellness of our staff and clients. We want staff and clients to feel comfortable returning to Balance for Life.
*We have thoroughly sanitized and cleaned everything in our facility, (top to bottom).
* We have plans for making sure your visit here is above and beyond all cleanliness guidelines.
* Your health continues to be our NUMBER 1 priority
We ask clients and staff:
· If you or a family member in your home is sick, please stay home. Please do a health screening before coming in if you have a fever of 100.4 or greater, a cough or shortness of breath, please do not come in to BFL and contact your physician to see if a COVID test is warranted.
· If you or a family member in your household is diagnosed with COVID please notify us immediately and follow the Dept of Health Guidelines and do not return until you are cleared by the Dept of Health
· Wash your hands before and after every massage, session or class with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. We have a sink in each of the 4 bathrooms and a sink in the workout area.
· If you must blow your nose, cough or sneeze use a tissue or cough into your elbow. Then wash your hands or use hand sanitizer which is throughout the fitness center.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
· Try to maintain 6 feet of distance between other clients.
· All non-essential travel will not be done until the government has announced we are in phase two and non-essential travel is cleared. When traveling by plane for essential travel, please allow yourself 2 weeks to quarantine before coming into Balance for Life. This will change once nonessential travel is allowed.
· All clients and staff are required to wear a face mask inside Balance for Life.
· Only use every other cardio machine, do not use a machine right next to another client.
· Hospital grade wipes and also a new hospital grade spray cleaners are available throughout the studio (all EPA approved disinfectants).
· If any clients or staff prefer to wear gloves that is ok, we just ask that you still wipe everything off. Gloves will be provided for staff but clients must provide their own.
Clients may be asked to wait outside
· We ask that you not congregate at the front desk, please spread out. We may ask you to wait outside if crowded or in your car if scheduled for a massage and we can call you when we are ready for you. We have placed a bench and table and chairs outside and we have that nice overhang so even if it is raining, it is covered.
· Class participants and private training clients may be asked to wait outside if they are not doing cardio before or after in order to control capacity and social distancing
In preparation of opening:
· BFL was completely sanitized and cleaned.
· Sessions and classes will now be 25 and 55 minutes to allow time to sanitize everything between clients and wash hands.
· Classes will be 55 min so class participants can clean off used equipment before the next class. Class times will be changed in order to allow more time to transition in and out of the room. Chair Yoga will remain 40 minutes as we already have 5 min between the next class.
· Classrooms were interchanged in order for us to get 6 reformer clients in a class and 5 in group fitness classes following the social distancing guidelines. The maximum numbers were adjusted on the sign in online. Music, lights, have been installed and adjusted in to the new group fitness room.
· Cabinet that holds towels, recycle and garbage the top doors were taken off for no touch contact.
· We added new UVC sanitizing lights to all four of our HVAC units to ensure we are circulating and breathing safer air. These are used at some hospitals for sanitation and air purification. It is inside the HVAC unit, therefore not exposing the light to anyone directly, just purifying the air. We also have some UV lamp wands that we can use to sanitize equipment & high touch items, in addition to wiping them down.
· We have a fogger in order to sanitize the entire studio every night after we close in addition to our other sanitizing methods.
Front Desk/Customer Service Rep
· A sneeze guard shield was purchased for the front desk so there is a barrier between client and CSR.
· High points of contacts such as the front desk, doorknobs, locker keys, etc will be sanitized frequently by the CSR’s.
· Credit card swiper will be on counter for client to swipe their card so we do not have to touch your card.
· Our normal daily and weekly cleaning tasks will be done as usual with enhanced deep cleaning & sanitizing when we are open and after hours.
· Trainers will wipe down everything that the client or they touched during your session before the next client session.
· Private Pilates clients will be using both the private area and may also be using the group reformer area to ensure clients are socially distanced. We moved two rehab reformers with frames in to the group reformer class area.
· One reformer has been removed from the private Pilates area so everything is properly distanced.
· Staff scheduling may be adjusted to allow for social distancing of clients · New vinyl straps on the reformers.
All Class participants
· Sanitize everything that you touched in the class with hospital grade wipes or spray and paper towels.
· Classrooms were interchanged in order for us to get 6 reformer clients in a class and 5 in group fitness classes. The maximum numbers were adjusted on the computer.
Group Reformer participants
· New vinyl straps on the reformers.
· We moved two rehab reformers with frames in to the group reformer class area, these will be a nice option for those class participants that are taller (great for everyone).
Group fitness participants
· If you prefer to purchase and bring in your own props, you can do that.
· We will ask yoga participants to purchase their own yoga strap as there is no way to sanitize them besides washing them and they take too long to air dry between classes. The cost of a strap is $10 and we sell them at BFL.
· Stickers are on floor of where to place mat so properly socially distanced.
· Yoga bolsters will have a cover on them that will be washed between each class. Please put the cover in the yoga bin when you are done.
· Yoga blankets will be washed between each class.
Strength & Tone and Studio equipment class - Classes will be re-formatted and participants will be required to sanitize everything they used after use. They may also sanitize prior to use if they wish.
Partner sessions -partners that live in the same household will be allowed to be less than 6 feet apart from one another.
· New vinyl straps on the reformers.
· We moved two rehab reformers with frames in to the group reformer room so we can conduct partner sessions in there also.
· Massage rooms will be sanitized with UVC light between clients in addition to our normal sanitizing protocol.
· Clients will wear a mask when receiving a massage and will need to bring their own..
· Massage therapists will be wearing masks.
· We will not be performing any facial massage at this time to make sure there is no contact with client's eyes, nose & mouth.
· Hospital grade sanitizer will be used to wipe down client chair, table, etc in room between clients.
Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) and Thai Bodywork
· Hospital grade sanitizer will be used to sanitize between each client and any props that are needed will be sanitized or washed between clients.
- Clients will wear a mask and will need to bring their own
· Staff will be wearing masks.
· If a stretching strap is needed, clients will be asked to purchase their own strap and bring with them to each session.
· We will not be performing any stretches or massage that touch the side or front of the head, at this time to make sure there is no contact with client’s eyes, nose and mouth.
· All garbage cans have a foot pedal or no lid and are close to the bathroom doors allowing you to use a hand towel to open the door and toss it in the garbage.
· Balance for Life will be deep cleaned and sanitized frequently beyond just the wipe down between clients and classes.
· We also added new UVC sanitizing lights to all four of our HVAC units to ensure we are circulating and breathing safer air. These are used at some hospitals for sanitation and air purification. It is inside the HVAC unit, therefore not exposing the light to anyone directly, just purifying the air.
Massage rooms will also utilize additional UVC sanitizing lights in the rooms between massages.
We also have some UV lamp wands that we can use to sanitize equipment & high touch items, in addition to wiping them down.
· We have a fogger to sanitize the entire studio every night after we close in addition to our other sanitizing methods.
*Any new guidelines that are implemented by the Governor, CDC, Dept of Health, we will follow.
If you would like to see BFL's Entire Preparedness Plan please e-mail us at and request a copy to be e-mailed to you. A copy is available at BFL for staff and clients to review.